Why opt for conventional construction methods when much easier ways are available?
Fortrac Systems are modular and economical solutions for engineering structures with geogrid-reinforced-soil such as retaining structures and abutments. They are used to construct structures that are insensitive to settlement, such as slope and embankment stabilisation and steep slopes, even with overhanging embankments, simply, efficiently and at the same time ecologically sustainable. Thanks to the wide range of design options in terms of terrain shape, slope and front design, our solutions can be integrated into almost any landscape and architectural environment. Fortrac Systems offer many advantages over conventional construction methods (e.g. gravity walls), especially when the time factor and high stability play an important role.
Fortrac Nature system models are used wherever supporting structures, such as steep slopes, slope and embankment protection, are to be built in a short time and integrated into the landscape by natural planting. In comparison to conventional construction methods, green slopes have a particularly positive effect on the urban climate and, if appropriately planted, provide protection for various insects and birds. The system is suitable for slope inclinations from 30° as well as steep slopes and overhanging embankments up to 110°.
- Harmonious integration in a natural landscape setting
- High flexibility in terms of inclination, contouring and vegetation
- Long-term stability and durability coupled with ductile behaviour
- Natural looking solution, providing habitat for birds and insects
- Positive impact on mirco-climate
- Easy dismantling allows use as a temporary structure
- Lateral earth pressure containments 110° feasible
The Fortrac Gabion system consists of two components: an earth body reinforced with Fortrac geogrids and a facing of corrosion-protected steel grid elements with individual natural stone infill. The gabions either make an active contribution to the stability or are passively suspended from the reinforced earth body with a visual and protective function, e.g. as a noise barrier. With our gabion system solutions you can realise inclinations of up to 90° and very high structures.
- Wide range of design options
- Rapid installation and easy repair
- Fire, vandal and UV-resistant
- Resistant to differential settlement
- Low maintenance, with minimum costs for care und upkeep
- Can be designed to meet German noise control catergory A 3
With Fortrac Block, we offer you the possibility of fitting your Fortrac-Reinforced-Soil structure with various concrete block designs and looks. The Fortrac geogrid, the filling soil and the block stones usually form the load-bearing element of the supporting structure when combined. Besides this active design, passive solutions are also possible. The mortarless system can be used for almost any slope height and inclination up to 90°
- Formwork-free, mortarless system
- Wide selection of blocks for individual design
- Straight, curved and tiered wall possible
- Structural or purely cosmetic/protective facings
Compared to conventional construction methods, Fortrac Panel system solutions cut construction time by eliminating the need for costly foundations, the rapid construction of the geogrid-reinforced soil body and the simple installation of prefabricated concrete elements. Depending on the requirements, the precast concrete elements can actively contribute to the overall stability or can be attached to the reinforced soil body at a later date.
- Rapid and easy erection with slender precast concrete panels
- Cost-effective alternative to concrete only solutions
- Less labour and plant requirement
- Structural or purely cosmetic/protective panels
- Tied back sheet piling as a further option
System with integrated formwork
- Fortrac geogrid
- Preformed steel-mesh wall with tensioning hooks
- Vegetation and/or erosion control mats
- Planting by specialist contractor
Hollow block system
- Fortrac geogrid
- Hollow blocks
- Separating nonwoven
- Crushed stone drainage layer
Tie rod systems
- Fortrac geogrid
- Geotextile as wash-out protection
- Steel front grill
- Steel anchor with anchor plate
- Mounting bracket for coupling
- Compression and frost resistant stone filling
Aktive system model
- Fortrac geogrid
- Nonwoven for erosion/wash-out protection
- Precast-concrete panel with coupling
- Connectors, e.g. connecting rod, pipe
In geosynthetic-reinforced soil (GRS) construction, the geogrid absorbs tensile forces and improves the mechanical properties of the composite material. Fortrac geogrids are characterised by good elongation stiffness and tensile strength. In addition, they provide very high interaction flexibility, which only flexible geosynthetics can.Good interaction flexibility is characterised by the perfect interplay of macro, meso and micro interlocking and a high degree of adaptability to the soil. Due to the increased contact area, the composite behaviour or the interaction between soil and reinforcement is significantly improved.
Faster and easier installation than for rigid grids
Activation of tensile forces during installation
High adaptability of geogrid results in densely compacted of soil layers
Formation of a flexible integral system with soil
Also suitable for use in alkaline soils
Equalisation of settlement
HUESKER services begin with providing the customer with initial advice and end with supporting the realisation of the project on site.
What we provide are safe, customised, economically viable and ecologically sound project solutions.
We will recommend the appropriate product types for your specific requirements.
Our engineers will be delighted to assist you by performing verifiable design calculations and checks in accordance with recognised methods.
Project-specific placement plans
We will prepare installation and placing recommendations along with installation diagrams.
Sharing of our extensive knowledge
You benefit from our best practice solutions and techniques from our global network.
Custom designed product solutions
We will assist you in developing custom fabricated products to meet your particular requirements.
We will propose alternative design solutions as well as recommendations for adjustments and optimisations.
On the spot
On site instruction
Where required, our application technicians can offer installation assistance related to the specifics of product installation.
We can offer you practical installation aids to facilitate the application of our products.
We are happy to support you with product and application-specific instruction.
Certificates and approvals
Our products have numerous certifications and approvals that are issued, for example, by BAM, BAW, BBA, EBA, IVG and SVG, depending on the product type.
We would be happy to provide you with proposals for your specifications.
Technical guidelines will help you to ensure the best practice installation of your product on site.