The design of reliable embankment foundations on weak soils pose a major challenge. In addition to large-scale settlement and lateral deformation, potential risks include bearing and slope failure, or even the squeezing-out of soil from beneath the embankment base.
The Ringtrac foundation system takes the form of a regular arrangement of columns comprising non-cohesive material placed inside a geosynthetic casing. The columns ensure that the structural loads are transmitted through the weak subsoil to a stratum with adequate bearing capacity.
RingtracS is a design software application purpose-developed by HUESKER's engineers. It ensures the reliable project-specific design of Ringtrac system solutions with due allowance for all relevant parameters.
- Allowance for load distribution
- Allowance for multi-layer subsoil profiles
- Automatic settlement compensation
- Parallel calculations for varying cross-sections and system parameters
- Determination of equivalent cohesion for calculating global structural stability
- Parametric studies and graphic representations for settlement, circumferential tensile force distribution etc.
- Customer report (PDF, Word)
Please feel free to contact us directly. We look forward to assisting you with your design.
Dr. Oliver Detert